Brian Galbraith, Family & Divorce Lawyer
Brian Galbraith is the owner and founder of Galbraith Family Law Professional Corporation. I guess that is obvious. What you may not know about Brian is that he is the father of five children. The oldest is 21 years older than the youngest. He has four boys followed by one sweet, well-protected, little girl.
Experiences and Life Lessons
Brian went through his own divorce. That experience changed everything for him and how we practice family law. Brian knows first-hand how stressful it is to go through a separation and divorce. As a result, our firm focusses on treating our clients the way we would like to be treated if we were in your situation. We treat you with respect and work to resolve your situation in a timely, cost-effective manner. We keep you informed of progress in your case and use technology to effectively advocate for you.
Brian is known in the legal community for his commitment to efficiently practicing family law using technology and streamlining the divorce processes. He is also know for embracing both mediation and Collaborative Practice: two process that efficiently help clients achieve their goals.
A Member of Our Community
Brian was a founder of The Mediation Centre of Simcoe County and continues to mediate cases. He also helped bring Collaborative Practice to Ontario and continues to be a leader in the Collaborative community.
Brian has conducted numerous courses and workshops in Collaborative Practice at the local, provincial and international level; teaching lawyers, therapists and financial specialists the principles and techniques of this cost-effective process.
Brian’s passion is his family. He is happily married to Nicole, a flight attendant. Nicole helps manage our law firm too. They enjoy travelling regularly especially to his hometown of Calgary. Brian enjoys canoe-camping and white water canoeing with his family. Brian also enjoys scuba diving, golfing, curling and skiing. Brian appreciates the opportunity to give back to his community through his membership in the Rotary Club of Barrie and by serving Rainbows, an organization that helps heal grieving children.
You can reach Brian at, Brian@GalbraithFamilyLaw.com or by by calling 705-727-4242.
Brian’s credentials are as follows:
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts, Queen’s University, 1986
- LL.B., Law Degree, Queen’s University, 1989
- LL. M., Masters Degree in Law (ADR) Osgoode Hall Law School, 2016
- Awarded Founders’ Medallion by Ontario Collaborative Law Federation
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals – Leadership Academy participant
- President and Founder of Collaborative Practice Simcoe County
- Past President of Simcoe County Family Law Lawyers’ Association
- Past President of Ontario Association for Family Mediation
- Past Director, Rotary Club of Barrie, Community Services Committee
- Canadian Board of Directors, Rainbows for All Children, a charity helping heal grieving children
- Soccer coach, Under 6 Soccer, Oro Medonte