Barrie: (705) 727-4242

Newmarket: (289) 319-0634

Common Law

Many couples are choosing to live together without getting married. They want to avoid divorce but ironically, the rate of separation among common law partners is much higher than married couples.

Sorting out the issues is a lot more complicated with common law relationships. There is no formula for property division like in marriage.

Whether you have any right to a share of property owned by your partner depends on your circumstances, your contributions to the relationship and item, your parenting role, whether your income was integrated and the length of your relationship. Every case is different.

From the blog:

We have helped hundreds of a common law couples work out their separation issues. We can help you too. Please call us in Barrie at 705-727-4242 or Newmarket at 289-319-0634 or complete the Request Consultation form if you would like help with your property division issues.

Associations & Awards

Collaborative Practice Best of Barrie Top Rated Reviews on Google