Barrie: (705) 727-4242

Newmarket: (289) 319-0634

Questions & Answers

16 year old Problem son

I’m having a major difficulty with my 16 year old son and would like to find a way for him not to live in my house – it’s that bad now. How do I go about this legally and so that he is looked after as well? I want to kick him out of my house but want to do it the right way.

— Steph J.


Hi, I am sorry to hear of your situation. There is no "right way" do proceed. There are no laws that apply. You may wish to discuss this with a counsellor or therapist. Your son may be eligible for student welfare so you should contact your local Ontario Works office to find out how it works. Sorry I cannot help more. Good luck. Children are challenging!

Associations & Awards

Collaborative Practice Best of Barrie Top Rated Reviews on Google