Barrie: (705) 999-5315

Newmarket: (905) 919-1763

Questions & Answers

Adultery | Divorce & Family Lawyers – Barrie, Newmarket & Orillia

My spouse has committed adultery, is he still allowed to stay in the home? I want to know my legal rights. We have only been married 2.5 years and we have a prenup. He has no claims on the house.

— Scill F.


Until there is a court order or separation agreement that states he is not allowed into the house, he is in fact allowed to enter and occupy the house.

A court could grant him access or could order you out of the home, depending on all of the circumstances. To get a better answer related to your situation, you would be wise to book an appointment with one or our lawyers.

Associations & Awards

Collaborative Practice Best of Barrie Top Rated Reviews on Google