Barrie: (705) 727-4242

Newmarket: (289) 319-0634

Questions & Answers

custody change should effect payments

Hi, my Ex has recently been diagnosed with cancer, and due to her illness, can no longer take our kids on the designated days. Since custody has been switched to full time to my residence, am I still legally entitled to pay child support to my Ex?

— matt s.


If the children are residing primarily with you, then you do not have to continue to pay child support. Your ex would owe it to you if she has an income.

Associations & Awards

Collaborative Practice Best of Barrie Top Rated Reviews on Google