Barrie: (705) 727-4242

Newmarket: (289) 319-0634

Questions & Answers

Division of matrimonial property

I have been separated for 8 years and never been in a position to go to court and get a division of property done. Now someone is interested in Buying the house and offered to pay for my legal fees which I would reimburse after the home sells. Is it possible to get an extension as the 6 years limit has expired ?

— Louis G.


It is possible. It may not even be necessary depending on how title to the home is registered. It is too complicated to advice on this platform. You should meet with one of our lawyers to discuss your case and determine your chances of proceeding. Good luck.

Associations & Awards

Collaborative Practice Best of Barrie Top Rated Reviews on Google