Barrie: (705) 727-4242

Newmarket: (289) 319-0634

Questions & Answers

Husband in the Philippines

To whom it may concern;
I am now in Stouffville, Ontario, working as a nanny for 1 yr. and 4 months. My husband is in the Philippines. I want to divorce him as soon as possible before I am going to process my Permanent Residency next year. I am 37 and my husband is 59 years of age, jobless, irresponsible and hopelesss. What do I need to do in order process the divorce paper? How much it will cost?

Hope yo hear from you.

Sincerely yours,

— Maria Salvacion B.


You should find a lawyer in your community to assist you. In our firm, a divorce costs $1,350 at present. This includes the court filing fees. You have to serve your husband with the documents but your lawyer can assist you with that process. You'll need your marriage certificate in order to get a divorce. If you have children with him, you need to prove that the proper level of child support is being paid. Good luck and welcome to Canada!

Associations & Awards

Collaborative Practice Best of Barrie Top Rated Reviews on Google