Barrie: (705) 727-4242

Newmarket: (289) 319-0634

Questions & Answers


My husband and I both want a divorce. He threatens that his so-called “proof” of infidelity automatically makes me unentitled to my share of his RRSP and work pension that was accumulated during the marriage and built on household income. Is this correct?

— Kelly G.


Hi Kelly,
In Ontario, Canada, even if there has been an act of infidelity it has no impact on the equalization calculation. Here is a link to an article about how the equalization process works:
So, bottom line is that he is wrong.

Associations & Awards

Collaborative Practice Best of Barrie Top Rated Reviews on Google