Newmarket: (289) 802-2433
Toronto: (647) 370-8965

Questions & Answers

Separate Property

Is the “separate property” of one spouse subject to be divided by equitable distribution?

— Ryan R.


No. You don't have a right to someone else's property. You only have a right to equalize the value of property acquired during the marriage, with some exceptions and exemptions. See the article in this website about equalization.

Ask a Question

All questions submitted will be moderated to determine if they are suitable to appear on the website. Any answers given do not constitute legal advise and are intended for general information only.

  • (optional)

Our team can help ease the stress of your family law situation. We offer in-person, telephone and video conferencing consultations to suit your busy schedule. Contact us today to get started.

Barrie (705) 302-1102 | Newmarket (289) 802-2433 | Toronto (647) 370-8965