Barrie: (705) 727-4242

Newmarket: (289) 319-0634

Questions & Answers

Supporting Docs to Request Info on Child

Where and when should I file supporting documents – the letter requesting info on child, my ex wife’s responses, etc.?

— Ryan R.


Rule 20 of the Family Law Rules of Ontario states that you can serve and file this form as a right if you are in a Child Protection Case. If it is not a Child Protection Case, then you must request permission from the court to obtain information. So, this form is used to find any information you want about the child in the proceeding. You serve a copy (that means give a copy) to your spouse and then file it in the court house where your proceedings are taking place. You can ask them for any information about your child including information about their health, education, development, activities and other questions of interest to you. The questions should be relevant to the case too.

Associations & Awards

Collaborative Practice Best of Barrie Top Rated Reviews on Google