Barrie: (705) 727-4242

Newmarket: (289) 319-0634

Questions & Answers

Time Frame for filing for divorce after an affair

Is there a timeframe for filing for divorce or seperation once a spouse has admitted to having an affair?

— Tracey S.


No. But you have to be able to prove that adultery has taken place. I don't think I have ever sought a divorce on this ground. We always do it on a one year separation. Just easier.

Associations & Awards

Collaborative Practice Best of Barrie Top Rated Reviews on Google